- 0 student
- 17 lessons
- 5 quizzes
- 16 week duration
Have you ever wondered…
How do laws of kashrut respond to new innovations in food technology?
What does “do not place a stumbling-block before the blind” have to do with friendship?
What is the proper balance between protecting the environment and providing for our needs?
Each week, study a different sector of halakhah, Jewish legal reasoning, and how it can help us understand modern-day problems. We begin with current questions from rabbinic discussions and news bulletins, identify relevant biblical and halakhic texts, and study how contemporary rabbis have approached the problems.
- Explore the Sea of Talmud
- Develop logical reasoning skills
- Debate with peers
- Navigate Jewish legal resources online
- Apply study of Mitzvot to contemporary news
- Meets weekly via webcam
- Students debate applications of mitzvot via peer-to-peer discussion forums
- Reading assignments to prepare for class (approximately 20 minutes/week)
- Ages 13-16
0.00 average based on 0 ratings